Last updated: May 2019
At Walsingham Care we respect the privacy of our supporters and visitors to our website. This policy is concerned with how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
This policy also explains how we handle your personal information in connection with our website and all our printed and electronic communications.
In this policy, references to Walsingham Care or to ‘we’ or ‘us’ are to Walsingham Care which is a registered charity, charity no: 1116001 located at Charities House, 2 Quintet Buildings, Churchfield Rd, Walton On Thames, Surrey, KT12 2TZ.
What information do we collect?
We collect personal information such as name, postal address, telephone number, email address, date of birth (where appropriate), information about your communication preferences and financial information. For training and employment purposes we may also collect information such as skills, previous training, proof of identity, emergency contacts, right to work, driving licence details.
We collect this information only in connection with specific activities, such as providing grants and services suitable for your needs.
The information is either needed to fulfil your request, for contractual reasons or to enable us to provide you with a more personalised service. You don’t have to disclose any of this information to browse our sites. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
Where we collect your information
We collect your personal information in a number of ways:
- When you provide it to us directly as part of enquiring about our services.
- When we collect it as you use our website.
- When you engage with the services of Walsingham Care.
- When you work for us, either directly or as a subcontractor.
- For Health & Safety reasons.
When we work with 3rd party organisations to process your data, it is in connection with goods or services that we may provide to you and only when this information is required in order to provide those goods or services to you. We may also share data if you are employed with us (e.g. to HMRC). Only minimal information is shared to enable this, for example: name, address and contact telephone number. We have determined our lawful basis for using your data in this manner and please contact us if you would like further information on this by writing to us at Charities House, 2 Quintet Buildings, Churchfield Rd, Walton On Thames, Surrey, KT12 2TZ, by using through our contact page on our website at www.walsinghamcare.org.uk/contact/, or by calling us on 07436 803102. If we do work with third parties we enter into an agreement with them to protect your privacy if they process your data. These third parties are called data processors who provide elements of our service for us. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will not share your personal information with any organisation apart from us unless we have given our explicit permission to do this. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct. For more details on how they process your data you can check their Privacy Policies on their websites. See our list below of who we work with in this way.
How will we use your personal information?
Personal information collected and processed by us may be used, for the following purposes:
- To update you on our actions and your relationship with Walsingham Care where you have consented to receive such communications from us, or it is within your legitimate interest to do this and/or relevant to the service you require.
- To analyse and improve the services offered on our website by providing you with the most user-friendly navigation experience we can for your computer or other internet device.
- To process your personal information for the purposes of customer analysis and assessment on a personalised or aggregated basis, to help us with our activities and to provide you with the most relevant information.
- To develop our systems and relationships with you.
- When we are legally required to hold certain personal information to fulfil statutory obligations:
- The collection of Income Tax and transferring of Income Tax/PAYE information to HM Revenue & Customs.
- Bank details in connection with payments.
- For insurance reasons and accident reporting.
- To determine you have a valid driving licence.
- Validating your right to work in the UK and for occupational health assessments.
- Administration and archiving including contacting you if we require further information to process your application form.
- Transferring your personal data to organisations we work with to achieve our objectives.
- We will also hold information about your details so that we can respect your preferences for being contacted by us.
Lawful Bases, Consent and Legitimate Interest
We have determined our lawful bases to process your data and this can be accessed by calling us on 07436 803102 or sending an email via our contact page on our website www.walsinghamcare.org.uk/contact/
Where possible we will endeavour to collect opt-in consent from you, however if you are engaging with our services we have determined our lawful bases to process your data accordingly.
If we do not hold consent to process your data or contact you, or a contractual or lawful reason to do so, we may use legitimate interest to contact you. We have given due consideration to which types of processing fall within the legitimate interests of individuals. We will always ensure the privacy rights of the individuals are given due consideration and any potential harm is identified before processing data in this way. We will never pass on your details to other organisations to use for their own purposes unless it is of interest to you for your employment, training, payment related reasons or is a statutory/contractual requirement.
If at any time you want to alter your preferences or request that we stop communicating with you please let us know by calling us on 07436 803102 or contacting us via our website contact page at www.walsinghamcare.org.uk/contact/
We will not make marketing calls to you if you are registered with the Telephone Preference Service (TPS) unless you have given us consent that you are happy to receive calls from us.
You may still receive other types of telephone calls, for administration purposes. We do not outsource any telephone calling so you will always be talking to us directly. We do not record or monitor telephone calls.
Who do we share information with?
- We will never sell or rent your personal information to other organisations.
- We only disclose information when obliged to by law, for employment, for purposes of national security, taxation or for accident reporting. We may share information when we use other companies to provide services on our behalf, e.g. processing, mailing or delivering communications or orders, for employment reasons, answering customers’ questions about products or services, sending mail and emails, customer analysis, when using auditors/advisors or processing payments, providing goods and services that you may require and have applied for.
3rd parties we engage with:
Molesey Refrigeration Centre
Webster Floors Ltd
Careful Mobility Ltd
Kingston Community Furniture
Elmbridge Borough Council
Asprey Healthcare Ltd (Sherwood House)
Caring Homes Group
Brighterkind Ltd (Emberbrook Care Home)
Home Support Elmbridge
DeanCam Building and Maintenance Services
Turner’s Heating and Plumbing
CLA cleaners Ltd
Surrey County Council
JBS Print and Design (Surrey) Ltd
BWB Chartered Accountants
Abbeyfield (Abbeyfield House)
The Royal Cambridge Home
Milverton Nursing home
Anchor Homes (West Hall)
Walton and Hersham Foodbank
Elmbridge Community Link
Making Sense Elmbridge
Abbey Chase residential and Nursing Homes Ltd
Care UK plc
Vincents Flooring Ltd
- If we receive a complaint about any content you have posted or transmitted to or from our website, to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions or if we believe that we need to do so to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of Walsingham Care, our website or our visitors and for other lawful purposes.
- If we merge with another organisation to form a new entity, information may be transferred to the new entity.
Storing your information
Information which you submit to us is sent to computers located within the UK and the European Union Area. This is necessary in order to process the information and to send you the information you have requested.
Information submitted by you may be transferred to/from other reputable third party organisations as referred to earlier in this policy for processing your details and their computers, to the best of our knowledge, are also situated within the UK and European Union Area (EEA).
This will be done in accordance with guidance issued by the Information Commissioner’s Office. We only keep information for as long as we are allowed to in accordance with other legislation or relevant regulations.
If you cease your association with us, any personal information you supply to us will not be retained for longer than necessary and will be removed from our systems or securely disposed of in accordance with the requirements of our Data Protection Policy and our retention periods:
HR/Staff - records required 6 years after leaving unless still valuable
Payroll - HMRC recommend 3 years for PAYE records after income year to which they relate or 3 years after employee leaves, unless still valuable (e.g. insurance reasons), in which case retained for 6 years + 1.
Accounts - HMRC recommends 6 years from the end of the last company financial year they relate to.
General Data -2 years for grant application forms.
Access to your own information/lodging a complaint
You can contact us anytime to change or update the details we hold or to lodge a complaint at the address below. You can also object to the way we use your data, you can restrict the way we process it and have a right to data portability. You can obtain a copy of your records (this is known as Subject Access Request). We will not make a charge for this. We will, of course, ask you to confirm your identity.
If you would like to access your personal data held by Walsingham Care please apply in writing to The Manager, Walsingham Care, Charities House, 2 Quintet Buildings, Churchfield Rd, Walton On Thames, Surrey KT12 2TZ, call us on 07436 803102 or send an email via our contact page at www.walsinghamcare.org.uk/contact/
If you require a full copy of our Data Protection Policy, please use the contact link which can be found on our website, to request one.
Please let us know if a link is not working (use the contact link which can be found on our website).
In purchasing goods or services from any of the companies to which any Walsingham Care sites links, you are forming a contract with the company(s) concerned (agreeing to their terms and conditions), not Walsingham Care.
We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. Whilst we can’t ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information won’t occur, we’ll use standard industry methods to prevent this.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information across the internet isn’t completely secure and whilst we do our best to try to protect the security of your information we can’t ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information won’t occur whilst you or we are transferring this information.